Monday, December 9, 2019

The quest for patrons

It feels really weird to be doing this, but as I get ready to publish the second build of this game (I was going to do it today but I found out I have an essay due Wednesday hahaha) and I reach the breaking point that will decided how much time I can invest in this, I've come to the decision of opening a patreon (and beg for money!).

I know I still have to prove myself, but I  have two reasons for this, and I hope you lend me your time to read them.

The first reason is that I genuinely been having the time of my life doing this little project of mine. I'm honestly surprised, and pleasantly so, at how much fun I've been having. Mostly because the only thing that I've done this passionately and nonstop is when I play games, or the few times I decide to read or watch a show hahaha. But that is a problem in itself, since I've been neglecting other responsibilities because of it (just like when I find a good game haha). The truth is that I go to a community college (haha I know), and I need a part time job to pay for that, among other things. But if possible, I would much rather do this than my part time job.

The second reason is that I want to increase the quality of the project. Either by buying some royalty free music, or getting someone to either fix the chicken scratch I call art, or to edit my dumb mistakes to say a few things. But in good conscience I can't try to get someone with just promises. That is why I also want to see if I can find some kind souls to support the project.

If anyone that reads this is kind enough to pitch in with a dollar a month it really would mean the world to me. And don't think about the game right now, think about what it could be with your help!

Here is a link to the patreon 

(Edited because no more patreon)

I've also been looking at alternatives to patreon since they have weird policies that I know affect adult games and I don't want them breathing down my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment