Sunday, November 29, 2020

Kingmaker 0.6 1 year anniversary and a new writer

 First of all I want to welcome the new writer of the team, Hameleona. Hopefully I'll be able to add double the content with him on board. 



v0.6


Changes

  • Remade the map menu so it looks decent.
  • Added the introduction of the big warden
  • Added the introduction of the forest queen character written by Hameleona
  • Added 5 court events written by Hameleona
  • You no longer get a hit on support from taxes every month, now it only affects the support passively.
  • Edicts now show exactly by how much support and other variables are affected by them
  • Infrastructure outside of the citadel shows exactly what it ugprades
  • Added a scene for the steel maiden
  • The treasury tab now breakdowns the profit and upkeep of the citadel so you know exactly where the gold is going
  • Make it easier to discover the corruption mission
  • Added a poll to share your opinions and a link to the discord server


Fixes

  • Minor fixes

Links

1 comment:

  1. Man it's been sometime since I have played your game. I will admit I'm pleasantly surprised by the progress! While I admit that I believed the game had potential, I never really expected it to make it that far. Figured you'd abandon the game or just start half-assing it over times.

    Before I jump into the suggestion I want to make, I will point out a quick flaw in my logic. I have a habit of judging games based on their version number, and I've seen many others do the same. For reference, I haven't played the game since 0.2, and your now on 0.6. Fantastic.

    For a game at 0.6, you have a decent amount of content already, nothing to really cry about. The issue stems from the amount of content "hidden" or that says unfinished. While in reality it doesn't mean much, it can be a buzzkill.

    Take the intro for example. One of the first things the player should see is a tutorial, instead we get shown dialogue claiming there is no tutorial yet. This instantly made the game feel empty. If I hadn't read the change log I would have thought not much had been added at all. Not everyone reads the change log, not everyone follows the game. It may be smart to hide some of those early game warnings related to unaided content.

    Just removing the tutorial message, and adding generic dialogue for encounters with the mother and elder sister will at least give the illusion there is no content missing. While it sounds scummy to say it, a little illusion and deception has always gone well in game development.

    - Chainpanda from F95.

    If I were to give any advice, make a tutorial or delete the opening message about the lack of a tutorial. There is nothing more of a turnoff than a game which tells you how much content is lacking rather than how much content there already is.

    By lacking a tutorial and telling you as such, the game comes off as if the game is truly bare, which it isn't. It has

    ReplyDelete